How to monitor Disk and CPU with SNMP in RH Linux

Steve Dussaux stevox2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 15:06:45 CET 2003

I advise you to search for OIDs by using a MIB browser.
The Net-SNMP package delivers a Tk MIB browser, TkMib.
To monitor Linux services you have to :

- configure snmpd.conf
- Browse the ucDavis MIB contained in Net-SNMP package

This is the same procedure for all equipments.
You have to enable the SNMP agent and then, if a specific MIB is provided by the equipment's
vendor, copy the MIB to the SNMP monitoring server.
You can look at www.mibdepot.com for vendors's specific MIBs.
And if you need more Linux SNMP support subscribe at Net-SNMP sourceforge mailing list.

Then you use Apan to integrate SNMP checks and graphs into Nagios.

Steve

 --- Atul Shrivastava <atulsh at hclinsys.com> a écrit : > Hello all,