Web-Based config

Williams, P. Lane Lane.Williams at jhuapl.edu
Fri Mar 21 15:28:20 CET 2003

My two-cents.......

Anyone know of any plans for a database driven configuration?  That would be
the first good step to a GUI based configuration.  Would anyone like to
create a project on SourceForge to begin the endeavor, maybe speak with
Ethan and see what he thinks...I remember something in the past disregarding
a database driven configuration because of the programming needed to
facilitate the numerous databases.  Considering this is an Open-Source app,
PostgreSQL and MySQL could be the standard to draw on.  I am not a big C
programmer....more of a hack, but I am willing to jump in and begin helping
the process if more experienced programmers would like to.  Once the
database is on the back-end, front-end configuration Applications would be a
snap to write.

by-the-way...I don't mind the text based configuration....but then again I
am UNIX administrator.

Lane