Confusing notify_interval

George Breahna sheken at top-consulting.net
Sat Mar 15 19:24:55 CET 2003

Alright, I am trying to get Nagios to re-send an e-mail every 2 minutes.

Here's what I gathered from the docs:

the interval_length=60 is in seconds and it determines the standard
'time_unit'
this means 1 time unit = 60 seconds = 1 minute

now, the notify_interval in the services section says that the value
there is showed in 'time unit lengths'. By default the sample config
file had a notify_interval of 120 which, according to my understanding
means 120minutes = 2hours. Since I want 2 minutes, I changed that to 2.

But now Nagios log says that my notify_interval is smaller than my
interval_length. Isn't he comparing apples and oranges ? I mean, one is
seconds, the other is minutes. Is this a bug ?

I am pretty sure that the 120 is 2hours since I don't get any more
notifies of the host being down after the first one..

Any clues ?

Thanks