FreeBSD & Nagios - revisited

George Breahna sheken at top-consulting.net
Mon Mar 10 17:28:34 CET 2003

I tried, and although I'd rather not use the ports, here's what it tells
me

===>  Configuring for nagios-1.0
===>   nagios-1.0 depends on shared library: gd.2 - found
===>   nagios-1.0 depends on shared library: gnugetopt.1 - found
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g
wheel
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include )
works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to blaz at si.FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
attach
      the "/usr/ports/net/nagios/work/nagios-1.0/config.log" including
the
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a
good
      idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system
      (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/nagios.