FreeBSD & Nagios - revisited

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 17:08:34 CET 2003

Did you use the nagios port? Just do make install....Worked on 4.7, try downloading an updated version of the ports collection.
 George Breahna <sheken at top-consulting.net> wrote:Hey guys, before I start let me tell you that I did read the previous messages and it has not solved my problems. Here's what I have done so far on FreeBSD 4.6-Release. configured & installed libjpeg in /usr/local/libjpgconfigured & installed libpng in /usr/local/libpngconfigured & installed gd-2.0.11 in /usr/local/gd ( it has found all the libraries, png, jpg, etc, etc ) I updated my ld searchpath and it sees all the libs in jpg/png/gd dirs I configure nagios using with-gd-lib and with-gd-inc set to the proper directories, yet I still get that dreaded message checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... no
 What am I doing wrong ? I tried using the default libs that come with the system ( from the ports collection ), and I used --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc as another user mentioned here but that also failed.My only guess right now is that I am missing gd-devel-1.8.44 ?? I did some research and I think it's only available in RPM form for RedHat.. Any clues are more than welcome! Cheers,George