Debian Packages

Sean Knox sean.knox at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 7 20:56:57 CET 2003

Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

>	You can add the following to get the nagios package on your machine:
>
>	deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
>	Then you would 'apt-get install' either nagios-text, nagios-mysql or
>nagios-pgsql... Although nagios-text would be the build most like the older
>netsaint package... It is maintained by Turbo Fredriksson who also maintained
>the netsaint packages.
>
>	Jeremy

I highly recommend staying away from the nagios deb package for the
moment and just build from source to a single location. The nagios
packages just aren't ready to use yet.

This is a pretty good guide:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2002/09/05/nagios.html

Nicki wrote:

>Hi List,
>does anyone of you know, where to get recent debian packages for
>nagios, or even better a server, which I can put into my
>apt/sources.list...?

Use apt-cache search to find packages.

venus:/home/sknox/nagios-1.0# apt-cache search nagios
nagios-mysql - A host/service/network monitoring and management system.
nagios-pgsql - A host/service/network monitoring and management system.
nagios-text - A host/service/network monitoring and management system.