Missing scripts?

Wed Mar 5 14:13:22 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:08:15PM -0800, Greg Webster wrote:

Please have your mailer wrap the lines to about 72 columns.

> Actually, all I'd like is for it to be just a little more concise with the error message. For example, if I have libgd and libpng in perfect order, but libjpeg is missing then it should tell me that it's libjpeg that's missing, not the general error message it does now.

This is _unrealistic_.

Suppose a program needs 'n' libraries to link.

After Configure fails to compile a test program using the presumed
locations of these 'n' libraries, it would then have to build test
programs for _each_ of the n libraries to test their presence.

This would bloat configure without adding any benefit.

The message is clear. Either,

1 There is a bug in configure that makes it impossible to build Nag on
Debian

==> Perhaps you should try the Deb package/port.

2 Your system is missing libraries or headers.

> Does anyone else have this running on Debian?
>
> Greg

Yours sincerely.
Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.