cygwin and Nagios

Mark Leddy mark_leddy at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 03:58:56 CET 2003

I have had Nagios running on a Redhat 7.3,
I recently started playing with cygwin and found I was able to get
check_nt compiled on a machine running Windows 2000 and
cygwin, check_http also worked.

I was real happy when all I needed to run these on another machine was to
copy the check_nt.exe and cygwin1.dll.

However - I had gotten on error trying to make all for the plugins

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I.. -I../lib        -g
-O2
-c check_procs.c
check_procs.c: In function `main':
check_procs.c:106: `PS_COMMAND' undeclared (first use in this function)
check_procs.c:106: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
check_procs.c:106: for each function it appears in.)
check_procs.c:123: `PS_FORMAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [check_procs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/c/temp/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta3/p
lugins'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Two questions:

1. How do I get around the error above?

2. Anyone ever tired to compile the full Nagios package using cygwin?
I know that may sound foolish...but I gotta ask.

Thanks,
Mark

(If anyone would be interested in the compiled check_nt.exe and
check_http.exe let me know.)