Restart windows processes?

Andy Stein andy at atcomputerconsulting.com
Sat Jun 28 20:47:10 CEST 2003

I'd been looking for this for a while, and here is what I came up with and
it works pretty darn good.

Get openSSH installed on your windows box.
http://lexa.mckenna.edu/sshwindows/ is a site that has a very simple
install.  Hurry up, site might be moving shortly.

Get it configured so the Nagios process can use public key authentication
on the box with the service to restart.  And when it fails, have an event
handler bounce the service.

One problem that I ran into was running scripts from the ssh command
originating from my linux box.  I had pathing problems.  When I would do
something like: "ssh windowserver -l myid restartservice.cmd" it couldn't
find it.  So my solution was to just put the script in the system32
folder.  I do this with each script for a restart that I need to perform.
I also had problems with \ and a few other issues.  So I basically do
everything within the script and only pass a small set of parameters like
host name with no \ in it.

Hope this helps.