Please ignore potential bug report for processe service check results for Nag 1.1 (SIW).

Fri Jun 27 12:59:59 CEST 2003

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Pleae ignore the noise about a potential bug in Nag 1.1 related to the
processing of passive service check results.

There is no bug in Nagios; stupidity only on my part.

<OT>
War story.

The passive service check results are produced by trap handlers for
rising and fallingAlarms (RMON OIDs).

While the trap handler output was well formed - correct command queue
format - the Nag configuration incorrectly defined two services for
'fallingAlarm' and 'risingAlarm'.

Since there is only _one_ trap (with two values), this is rediculous. I
was wondering why the first service, risingAlarm was never reset by a
fallingAlarm trap ... Of course this quite happily sent the fallingAlarm
service into a HARD OK state.

</OT>

traps traps traps traps ..

Yours sincerely.