Rép. : Re: [Nagios-users] special order :) system shutdown...

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jun 26 21:44:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Serveur-Faucon Surveillance wrote:

> Yeah, but that would only work for Linux servers.

Actually windows has a cmdline shutdown (had to use it a few times today
:) and it can shutdown remote windows systems if you have admin access

shutdown \\server /T:30  "remote shutdown"

you could install ssh on one of the windows boxes ;)

> I could ask the plugins developpers to add a shutdown command to the
> clients and plug-ins :)

The standard plugins usually do not have any admin access and the network
based plugins cannot get local system access.  So shutdown options for the
plugins would be difficult.

We could write a script that can be launched by an event-handler that
could call the script with appropriate args, but that is just a couple of
lines more than the ssh call.

> > Look the temperature of something (lets say a Cisco Routeur) in the
> > servers room, and when the temperature gets to 90F, shut down, in some
> > order, the servers.
> >

> no but a simple event handler script to "ssh host shutdown" should work.

Enjoy the music.  I hope to make up there next year for the 25th
anniversary.

--
-sg