APAN extensibility

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Jun 25 21:08:29 CEST 2003

Sorry to clog the list with APAN questions...

I need to add statistics collection and graphing into my Nagios
instances (several) and I was looking at APAN as the vehicle.  However,
I have a couple of questions about its flexibility.  It seems like right
now, all it can do is use whatever apan-specific plugs are included,
some of which are dependent on nagios-statd and nsclient, neither of
which we use.  For Disk, Load, and Memory, we use ucd-snmp based
monitoring with the check_snmp plugin.

We also want to add graphing of data from other plugins not listed in
APAN, such as TCP-based services (HTTP time for example).

How is this doable using APAN?

Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti