Fail error message - more interesting

Hegedus, Ervin airween at amit.hu
Tue Jun 24 14:50:38 CEST 2003

Hello,

> Sounds again like you need a working host check for the VPN perhaps? Is
> the w2k host a child of the VPN?
there is a setting to check VPN firewall (other side)
yes, w2k host is a child of VPN.

here is the host config again:
	host_name               NIKE2000
        parents                 NIKEVPN01
        alias                   NIKE2000
        address			195.56.106.10

> Look at the service/host check logic carefully. If you have a service,
> there must be a host check behind it.
of course, i know it - there are configured all hosts, but no one
has configured for service.

> Conversely, (IIRC) if you have a
> host check, it will always be in an assumed up state until a service
> check goes down, triggering the host check.
yes, i think about this will my next step.

> Long and short of it is, each host needs both a host check and one or
> more service checks, otherwise you will find you have hosts that do not
> come back up even after the service check has been fixed.
okay, i will try it.

(a simple question: is there this step somewhere in docs?)

thanks:
airween