Email when Warning and Page when critical

Barry Darnton BarryD at chw.edu.au
Thu Jun 19 09:02:50 CEST 2003

I have been running netsaint/nagios for around 12 months now and have had
very little problems with it. Now I want to change the way that it works and
I am sure that I had it running when I first installed it but for the life
of me I cannot remember how now (If I ever had it working that is)

We can notify either by email using "notify_by_email" or pager by using
"page_group" in the servie and host notification commands.

Both of these are working without any problem, however what I am trying to
do is configure the system to E-mail warnings and page critical events. I
can configure it to do either or both for any given service or host but I am
not able to figure out how to do one or the other based on the status of the
service.

For example if I have 20G of disk space available on a system it returns a
status of Warning and notifies me by Email, if the disk space get down to 10
meg I want the status to be Critical and to be paged. The mailing, paging,
warning and critical status I can do, but not different notifications based
on this status.

Anyone got the answer to this.

Barry