Nagios 1.1 extended info problems

Billy nagios at billyshouse.com
Thu Jun 19 01:13:14 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

	I've been stuck on this problem for days, and I can't shake it. I
hope one of you can help me out...

Trying to get extended host status info up and running with Nagios 1.1,
running on FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE. I'll attach all the configs, steps, etc
shortly. I've trolled the mailing lists, newsgroups, and can't seem to find
anything relating to my problem.

What I'm trying to do is get the ext info working so I can run APAN to trend
ping times, disk usage, etc. APAN is pretty much running ok, (can load that
up direct) just need to put linking code onto the status pages so it's easy
to click through. I've followed the nagios doc's to the letter (well, i
think I have), even down to copying the hostextinfo direct off the page (and
changing a few vars of course)

It just doesn't seem to be reading the xedtemplate_config_file at all. I can
pretty much fill that file with rubbish and it won't even crash out at
runtime when verifying the configs. I've done some traces of the source
code, and it doesn't seem to want to get past line 99 of
xdata/xedtemplate.c. Now, I'm no expert in C, so the traces I've done are
pretty simple (printf's), but it just doesn't seem to want to get past this
bit..

temp_ptr=strtok(input,"=");
if(temp_ptr==NULL)
  continue;         <- seems to stop here, never gets to the next line to
get the size, then process the config file...

Here's the details of what I've done so far... Wasn't too sure how much info
was needed, if you need any more configs let me know :)

Thanks in advance, Bill

(root at mail:etc) # uname -a
FreeBSD box 4.6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Aug 23 13:30:50 EST
2002     root at box:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

# Compile options
./configure --prefix=/share/nagios-remote --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios --with-template-extinfo --with-gd-lib=/share/lib
--with-gd-inc=/share/include --with-cgiurl=/nagios-remote/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios-remote

# Run nagios with this command
/share/nagios-remote/bin/nagios -c /share/nagios-remote/etc/nagios.cfg

# the config file above contains
xedtemplate_config_file=/share/nagios-remote/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

# /share/nagios-remote/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
define hostextinfo{
        host_name       copper
        notes_url
http://webserver.localhost.localdomain/hostinfo.pl?host=netware1
        icon_image      images/logos/unknown.gif
        icon_image_alt  IntranetWare 4.11
        vrml_image      unknown.gif
        statusmap_image unknown.gd2
        2d_coords       100,250
        3d_coords       100.0,50.0,75.0
        }

define serviceextinfo{
        host_name               copper
        service_description     Log Anomalies
        notes_url
http://webserver.localhost.localdomain/serviceinfo.pl?host=linux2&service=Lo
g+Anomalies
        icon_image              unknown.gif
        icon_image_alt          Security-Related Alerts
        }