generating machine support list

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jun 18 23:28:38 CEST 2003

One of the things we do with our current homegrown monitor is to generate a
"machine support list" periodically.  It's pretty straightforward, giving
the machine name and description, what its support window is and who the
individual system engineers are, in priority order.  That way, if an
operator needs to contact someone about a machine or service problem (e.g.,
if a disgruntled user calls the machine room), they can easily look up who
to call.

Is there a way to get something like that out of Nagios?  Even though I've
defined host groups and escalation schedules, I still want the list of
system engineers to say John, Paul, George, Ringo instead of Famous,
LessFamous.

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro