nrpe woes - Received 0 bytes from daemon...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jun 17 18:07:50 CEST 2003

Following up to my own post:

    > on the Mac I get this error:

        CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon.  Check the remote server
        logs for error messages.

Turns out I had a typo ('3' instead of '4') in the allowed_hosts field of my
nrpe.cfg file.  Shouldn't an attempt to connect from an invalid IP address
be logged?  I saw nothing in /var/log/messages after the daemon startup
message.

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at pobox.com