Statically Scheduled Chekcs (?) Please Help

Tom DE BLENDE Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Fri Jun 13 08:34:59 CEST 2003

This is exactly what I do to test our beeper every day at 16:05. Here
is the time period I use for that:

# 'beeper' timeperiod definition
define timeperiod{
         timeperiod_name beeper
         alias           Beeper Test
         sunday          16:05-16:10
         monday          16:05-16:10
         tuesday         16:05-16:10
         wednesday       16:05-16:10
         thursday        16:05-16:10
         friday          16:05-16:10
         saturday        16:05-16:10
         }

And here is the service check:

# Service definition
define service{

         host_name                       netsaint
         service_description             Beeper
         is_volatile                     1
         check_period                    beeper
         max_check_attempts              1
         normal_check_interval           10
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  unix-admins
         notification_interval           0
         notification_period             beeper
         check_period                    beeper
         notification_options            n
         check_command                   check_beeper
         }

Hope this helps.