service with only passive checks.

Martin Hebrank mhh at apk.net
Thu Jun 12 18:33:59 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:33:26AM -0500, Marc Powell wrote:
> In your service definition --
>
> active_checks_enabled           0       ; Active service checks are
> disabled
> passive_checks_enabled          1       ; Passive service checks are
> enabled/accepted
>
> I think you still have to define a check_command but it'll never get
> executed.

I tried this. It still insists on executing the check_command. For testing
I have check_tcp as the check_command, but without any commands, so it
returns an unknown with "check_tcp: Unknown argument: (null)". So, it's
definately trying to run the command and failing.

I'm using Nagios 1.0, compiled from source on a Redhat 7.3 box with kernel
2.4.18-27.7.xsmp.

** Martin