upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Jun 10 04:32:18 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:20, Chandler A. Collins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've looked through the Nagios docs online and in the nagios-1.1 source, and looked
> through the FAQ and searched the mailing list archives.  Alas, I can't seem to find
> any information about what is necessary to upgrade between minor releases.  If I've
> overlooked something, please let me know.  Otherwise, I'd really appreciate some
> pointers on how to do this and still keep all previous configuration intact.
>
> I'm currently running nagios 1.0 on Red Hat 9, running version 1.3.0 of the plugins.

It's just a bug fix release. There are no changes to config files.

If you use the RPM, it will not overwrite you configs.

IIRC, the manual build has a separate step for installing the configs,
which you should not do. Either verify or backup you configs first.
Actauuly, back them up in any case.

--
Karl