[1/2OT]Adding services to services.cfg (apan)

stefmit stefmit at comcast.net
Thu Jun 5 14:45:13 CEST 2003

Trying to run apan - have run into some issues (sorry for posting here, but
the apan list seems to be less "talkative" ;)). Here are the two most
pressing questions I have:

1. Does anybody have a pointer to the graph.png file? Does not appear to be in
the latest apan tarball ... now, writing this, I realized I have not checked
the older versions, still available on their site ... I'll probably do that,
also ...

2. Attempting to add services (by following the apan docs), in services.cfg,
following the format:

# from apan docs

define service {
	use					generic-service
	host_name              		bcn
	service_description    	Net-usage
	check_command          	apan!snmpget!10!20
	normal_check_interval  	1
}

leads to:

root at ntwrkmgmt:/etc/nagios # nagios -v ./nagios.cfg

Nagios 1.0
Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 11-24-2002
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Invalid max_attempts, check_interval, retry_interval, or
notification_interval value for service 'Net-usage' on host 'bcn'

Error: Could not register service (config file '/etc/nagios/services.cfg',
line 182)

NOTES:
a. The generic-service is the one delivered with services.cfg - nothing out of
ordinary there.
b. I have already defined the command apan in the checkcommands.cfg.

Anybody kind enough to enlighten me about the above error?

TIA,
Stef