Nagios& Cacti - Ethan, I know you must get ton s of mails/day, please read the, nevertheless.

Marek Dohojda marek.dohojda at linksys.com
Thu Jun 5 00:49:35 CEST 2003

Actually

I wouldn't suggest using cacti for this.  It's a very nice tool, there is no
question about it, but it has some weaknesses, that make it perfect for
network traffic, not so good for others.

If you ant to do this, I would suggest concentrating on Nagios, writing an
interface or plugging for it (something akin to APAN) using rrdtool, and
probably mysql backend.  This way you can display whatever you like to do.

Which wouldn't be all that bad, because the availability report could use a
little bit of perl magic.