Nagios& Cacti - Ethan, I know you must get tons of mails/day, please read the, nevertheless.

ralph at mail.Gerstmann.Net ralph at mail.Gerstmann.Net
Thu Jun 5 00:34:51 CEST 2003

Hi Ethan,
Hi Ian,
(Hi Community,)

Thx a lot for providing the best GPL
System Monitoring Tools i ever saw.

Just to notice:
I have lots of experience with this subject.

I would love to bring the 2 best Solutions together:
Cacti for handling Web-Based, Template Based
RRD-Configuration
and Nagios for best Alarming and History Features.

Are you interrested?

What I actually need:
Web-Based configuration of RRDs (like in cacti)
with an add-on to set alarming-thresholds,
which are then sent to nagios for alaming.
Or an even better integration of your Tools.

The Problem is:
Both of your Projects come with their own polling-machine.

I can understand pretty well, that its no fun giving up
an own code one has written and established.

On the other hand,
if we marry your great Tools,
this would give them a drive,
IBM Tivoli will be afaid of,
like M$ is (qualified) afaid of Linux...

Any Ideas?

Cheers,
Ralph

http://Gerstmann.Com?language=e