MDK 9.1 and Nagios 1.1 RPMs for RH9.0

stefmit stefmit at comcast.net
Tue Jun 3 19:04:40 CEST 2003

I am very sorry and apologetic for "intruding" in this thread, but my [Q] is
related to the original $subject. I just recently became aware of nagios, and
jumped at the opportunity of trying it out (have used netsaint years ago, but
haven't had a need for anything similar since). I did not want to install the
version (base, plugins and www) that come with MDK9.1, as I wanted the
"latest and greatest" stable, when I stumbled across the RPMs built for
RH9.0. I posted the message below to the forum (http://alpha.square-box.com),
without realizing that there is not (am I wrong?!?) a dual relationship
between this mailing list and http://alpha.square-box.com, so I dare to
bother you all with the following (perhaps a "repeat" for those reading the
forums, also):

Have tried to install the RH9 rpms (fresh new install!) on an MDK 9.1 box.
Successful with base and plugins, but failed for the www RPM:

# urpmi nagios-www-1.1-1.i386.rpm
installing nagios-www-1.1-1.i386.rpm
Installation failed:
libgd.so.1.8 is needed by nagios-www-1.1-1

On my machine:
# locate libgd
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so.2
/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
/usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libgd.a
/usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1.9.14
/usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1
/usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0.9.1
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0.200.1
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0.200.1
/usr/lib/libgd.la
/usr/lib/libgd.so
/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.200.1
<doc section removed>

then:

# urpmf libgd.so
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
libgd2-devel:/usr/lib/libgd.so
libgd1:/usr/lib/libgd.so.1
libgd1:/usr/lib/libgd.so.1.8.4
libgd1-devel:/usr/lib/libgd.so
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
libgd2-devel:/usr/lib/libgd.so
libgd1:/usr/lib/libgd.so.1
libgd1:/usr/lib/libgd.so.1.8.4
libgd1-devel:/usr/lib/libgd.so
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
libgd2-devel:/usr/lib/libgd.so
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2
libgd2:/usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
libgd2-devel:/usr/lib/libgd.so

- so - obviously, the libgd1 is what I would probably need ... but it would
probably conflict with libgd2 (when linking the main libdg.so, right!?), when
trying to get it via rpms.

Any ideas/suggestions about MDK 9.1?

Thx,
Stef

<snip> - sorry for getting into the thread ... ;)