[Nagios-announce] Nagios 1.1 Available

Tue Jun 3 14:35:29 CEST 2003

Dear Gentlemen,

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 06:56:40AM -0400, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 05:37, Robert Galloway wrote:
> > Is there a fix included in this release to allow the embedded perl
> > to function with an "out of the box" install of perl 5.8.0 that
> > ships with RH8 and RH9?
>
> I do not believe there is a fix for that yet
>
> And I know that mini_epn will not build on RH9.
>
> I someone can provide me with a patch, I will apply it to the RPM. But
> as of this weekend, we did not have a solution the Stanley Hopcraft (the
> mini_epn author was happy with).
>
> Please tell me I'm wrong, Stanley.

Unfortunately, no.

I haven't had a look at the 1.1 source yet so I can't comment
meaningfully, however, if the Suse supplied patches have been applied,
then there is something else wrong.

These patches aparently originate from Suse and addressed what sounds
like this issue for the two or three folks who wanted ePN with threaded
Perl 5.8.0.

Will forward the patches - they have to merged manually I think.

> --
> Karl

Yours sincerely.
Stanley Hopcroft