check_http w/ parameters on the url

chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com
Tue Jun 3 13:45:13 CEST 2003

Thanks, Mr. Andersson. I will see if what I have compares to what you have
sent. Thanks again, I had about given up on getting an answer to this
question.

Charles H. Baker
chbaker at powersystems dot rockwell dot com
work: 864.281.2409 fax: 864.281.2487 cell: 864.363.5302
BOFH excuse #280:
Traceroute says that there is a routing problem in the backbone.  It's not
our problem.

                      Michael Andersson
                      <mian at swemic.net>                    To:       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                      Sent by:                             cc:
                      nagios-users-admin at lists.sour        Subject:  Re: [Nagios-users] check_http w/ parameters on the url
                      ceforge.net

                      06/02/2003 10:37 AM

Hi,

this is just a quick'n'dirty test I just made for this:

checkcommands.cfg:
------------------
# 'check_http_junk' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_http_junk
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -I $ARG1$ -u
$ARG2$ -s $ARG3$ -t $ARG4$
        }

hosts.cfg:
----------
# 'junk' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use
        host_name               netTools
        alias                   What-Ever
        address                 www.network-tools.com
        check_command           check-host-alive
        parents                 SSI
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

and finaly my
services.cfg:
-------------
# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       netTools
        service_description             quick-http-test
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              25
        normal_check_interval           10
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_http_junk!www.network-tools.com!"/default.asp?prog=network&Netnic=whois.ripe.net&host
=<any-ip-you-want-to-check>"!'RIPE'!20
        }

This works like a charm for me at least.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

/Michael

On Thu, 29 May 2003 11:47:25 -0400
chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com wrote:

> Can someone share a check_http command that passes parameters to a web
> application? I can get this to work on the command line, but everytime I
> put the same things into my services.cfg

reporting any issue.