Service Dependency Templates

Chris O'Regan chris at ece.concordia.ca
Thu Jul 31 23:54:55 CEST 2003

I have managed to clean up my services.cfg by using the time-saving
tricks.  Now I am setting up service dependencies and I would like to do
the same.  Not sure if this is possible, if not, then this is a feature
request.  :-)

Given a group of hosts, for each host, set up a service dependency:

define servicedependency{
        hostgroup_name			hostgroup
        service_description		service
        dependent_host_name		$HOSTNAME$
        dependent_service_description	dependent_service
        execution_failure_criteria	c
        notification_failure_criteria	c
}

If hostgroup contains (host1, host2, host3), then I would expect it to
expand out to this:

host1:dependent_service depends on host1:service
host2:dependent_service depends on host2:service
host3:dependent_service depends on host3:service

Also, it would be nice to specify a list of dependent services:

define servicedependency{
        hostgroup_name			hostgroup
        service_description		service
        dependent_host_name		$HOSTNAME$
        dependent_service_description	ds1,ds2,ds3
        execution_failure_criteria      c
        notification_failure_criteria   c
}

Giving: