BUG: in apt package on Debian

Bart Bockhoudt bart at bockhoudt.com
Mon Jul 28 12:33:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

Found a bug in the Debian APT package.

The package doesn't set the access rights for /etc/nagios/hosts.cfg right. After it's finished the file has ownership root.root. Took me a while before I found that one.. :(

For the people with the same problem:

$ chown nagios.nagios /etc/nagios/hosts.cfg

Seems to be consistent, on a complete different Debian machine I hade the same problem.

Also missing is a APT plugin package for Nagios, after apt-getting it I still needed to manual install the plugins to get it all working..

Hope the apt-builder of the package is a member of this list.. :)

Gr,

Bart