Getting to Macros from script

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Jul 25 15:28:40 CEST 2003

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Martin, Stanley G [GMG] [mailto:Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com]
	Sent: Fri 7/25/2003 8:12 AM
	To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Nagios-users] Getting to Macros from script

	1) The Author defaults to the user logged in.  How do I get to that
	variable?

	Since Nagios uses .htaccess, it's stuffed into the CGI environment variable REMOTE_USER by the webserver and accessible by any httpd spawned process.

	2) I can run my script from one of my other websites, but when I drop it
	into the ~nagios/sbin directory, I get an execution failure.  How can I
	get my script to run from under the nagios directory structure?

	This is kind of an odd question since we didn't write your script nor do we have any idea of it's requirements. All I can suggest are basic troubleshooting ideas : verify permissions are correct, try running it as the user your web server runs as, verify paths in your script are sane and check you httpd error log for clues.

	--

	Marc