Standard Nagios Load AVG?

Hochberg, Keith Keith.Hochberg at mtvi.com
Tue Jul 22 20:26:34 CEST 2003

I am running a distributed environment (one collector with 2 slaves
using nsca).  I have over 300 hosts and 2600 service checks.  The
servers are about the same specs as yours... my load never goes above
1.00 on any of the hosts.  Before I added a second slave I did have load
issues on the collector which was doing both active and passive
checks... this resulted from stale nagios processes after a restart.
When you restart nagios do you check for stale processes that need to be
killed?