problems with fping plugin

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Jul 22 12:55:15 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 04:42, Syed Zulhilmi Tuan Sharif wrote:
> I face this problems when im trying to install Nagios1.1 for the 2nd
> time... in the different box
> the 1st time installation was succesfull.  But for the second time i
> had this problems .. i have try to solve it on whole day but still
> cannot..
> My situation like this..  i have install fping to make sure i have no
> problems when install nagios-plugin1.3.1.
>
> but when i run the ./configure script it said that fping still dont
> install in my system (a)... but i have install it many times after i
> get this notification ...(b) i have locate the fping and its have been
> installed. But the problem still remain.. anyone can help me?
>
> (a)
> checking for fping... no
> ** Get fping from http://www.fping.com in order to make check_fping
> plugin
>
> (b)
> /usr/local/nagios/sbin/fping

is /usr/local/nagios/sbin/ in your search path when you configure?

You may also need to 'make distclean'

> Second Question is about nagios-plugin in RPM format
> - if i want to try this rpm , what about the ./configure script. ?
>
> Hope anyone can help me here

If your system is looks like a typical RedHat 9 sustem, the RPMs should
work - configure is run when the RPM is made. (If I let my system look
unlike a RedHat 9 system, that will also cause problems, since I made
the binary RPMs.)

You can also rum 'rpmbuild -ta nagios-plugins-1.3.1.tar.gz to make your
own RPMs.

--
Karl