How do I configure Nagios to send SNMP to HP Openview

Jeffery Reed ReedJC at ldschurch.org
Fri Jul 18 20:45:22 CEST 2003

I am very novice at this stuff and have no background with Perl scripting.  I have attempted to search for a possible example of a script and MIB for use with SNMP traps sent to Hp Openview, but have had little luck.

I use Openview as a central data collection station for all of my monitoring tools.  I just need to get the SNMP info from Nagios to Openview.  I realize that I must use Net-snmp or something similar, but I would appreciate any help that can be sent my way.

I run Nagios 1.1 on a Red Hat 9.0 installation.

Thanks,

Jeff

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.