serial notification of contacts by call

Mooney, Ryan ryan.mooney at pnl.gov
Fri Jul 18 18:55:15 CEST 2003

What I did (for different reasons - I wanted to bundle all notifications within
a time period, that way I could get dozens, not hundred of e-mails :) was to
write a couple simple perl scripts, one takes nagios notification messages
(very like notify-by-email), and writes them to a spool.  The other takes
the spool and processes it.  That would allow the outside program to handle
the syncronization of the message delivery without having to worry about the
asyncrounous fork and forget nature of nagios.  The usual caveats about file
locking and so forth apply.