Host down vs up

Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?6w==?=l Guened joel at zonepro.fr
Fri Jul 18 18:53:06 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have a difficulty to understand something.

When a service (eg. ftp) is down, the host is down too. And then, when a
service comes UP, the host stay DOWN !

In my config file (hosts.cfg), I put check_command check-host-alive

How can I restore the process to up without restarting Nagios ?

Many servers have a firewall and can¹t be ping, Can be the reason ?

Thanks for your help,

Joe

--

Joel Guened
mail : joel at zonepro.fr

zonepro® france - Opérateur de solutions Internet
Bat 104 - 50, avenue du Président Wilson
93210 La Plaine Saint-Denis
Téléphone :+33 1 49 17 40 92
Télécopie : +33 1 49 17 40 91
Technique : 0 892 702 602