Incompatible libpng versions???

Carsten Rose crose at amath.unizh.ch
Wed Jul 16 18:02:12 CEST 2003

Hi Peter

I run into similar problems on another project. My solution was to have
a clear installation.

- Check, where libpng is installed (usr/lib) , don't forget the headers
(/usr/include) files
- Check which png lib is compiled into gd
- Check which png lib is called by apache

For myself, I compiled and installed png, gd complete new, just to be
sure to use the right version. I took care, that gd and apache uses the
new version.

Your error messsages report, that only the png.h is old. Perhaps it's ok
just to install libpng in the right version.

HTH

Carsten