Authenticated users cross-auth problem

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Wed Jul 16 11:26:12 CEST 2003

Hi Greg,

Nope you're right on the money. It seems to me that the logic is based
around/tied to hostgroup definitions.

Partitioned views IMHO are a really nice aspect of Nagios. Make the concept
of "Online NOC" work......But it seems far more sensible to make these
partitions aligned to services rather than hosts - after all the Nagger is
service focussed not host focussed.

Maybe if it was tied it to a service dependency definition it'd work
better. That'd be a really good reason to create service dependencies for
something other than alert-storm prevention....

i.e customer A is dependent of service dependency thread Z & Y.

hmmm...

jamie