Problems compiling: Undefined symbol

Eric Forgette 4jet at overnite.com
Sun Jul 13 18:54:31 CEST 2003

Hello,

	While looking for an answer in the archives, I found my question with
no answer...  The good news is I've discovered the solution.  The
gdImageCreateFromJpeg requires libjpeg.  If you only 'make', 'make
install' libjpeg, you don't get the libraries and includes in
/usr/local!  You must also 'make install-lib', 'make install-headers'.
Then configure gd!  If you use gd 2.X you should now see:

** Configuration summary for gd 2.X.XX:

    Support for PNG library:          yes
    Support for JPEG library:         yes
    Support for Freetype 2.x library: no
    Support for Xpm library:          no

Run make, 'make install' for gd, then run 'make all' in the nagios
build area again.

I hope this helps others trying to run Nagios on Solaris.

Regards,
-Eric
----
Eric P. Forgette