Automatic discover new hosts

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 10 19:51:28 CEST 2003

You can probably use something like arpwatch to detect new equipment
being added to your network.  Been awhile since I played with that
package but I think you could extract the information from one of the
log files.  One issue, depending on your network setup, if you have a
switched network you may have to configure the port that connects to
your monitoring system to mirror all the other ports on your
switch/network.  If you are using old hubs only that will not be an
issue.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>