Host Depend: notification_failure_criteria d,u,o

Campisi, Joseph JCampisi at iona.edu
Thu Jul 10 13:53:01 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with host dependency.  Lets say I have this defined
in the hostdepend.cfg:

# 'ROCKLAND-AP-01
define hostdependency{
	dependent_host_name	ROCKLAND-AP-01
	host_name			Alcatel-ROCKLAND-SWITCH
	notification_failure_criteria d,u
}

# 'ROCKLAND-AP-02'
define hostdependency{
	dependent_host_name	ROCKLAND-AP-02
	host_name			Alcatel-ROCKLAND-SWITCH
	notification_failure_criteria d,u
}

# 'ROCKLAND-AP-03'
define hostdependency{
	dependent_host_name	ROCKLAND-AP-03
	host_name			Alcatel-ROCKLAND-SWITCH
	notification_failure_criteria d,u
}

# 'ROCKLAND-AP-04'
define hostdependency{
	dependent_host_name	ROCKLAND-AP-04
	host_name			Alcatel-ROCKLAND-SWITCH
	notification_failure_criteria d,u
}

If the Alcatel-ROCKLAND-SWITCH goes down, I get a notification for the
switch but NOT these 4 access points, which is fine.  But when the
switch comes back up, I get a notification for the switch and all the
access points.

If I add: notification_failure_criteria d,u,o
Then I DO NOT get notified if a single access point goes down.

Is there anyway I can configure this so that if a parent goes down, send
out notifications only about the parent and if an access point goes
down, send out notification only for that child?

Thanks,
Joe