Monitor Checkpoint VPN links

Dan Tulovsky Dan.Tulovsky at sbiandcompany.com
Wed Jul 9 22:23:11 CEST 2003

Hi...

> You want to make sure that one office can see the other office without
necessarly going
> through the central point where your nagios server is?

Right... Any two offices have independent VPN connections to each
other...

What you describe seems overy complicated though.. I think maybe an easy
approach would be to setup a ping service at office A that ping
something at Office B.  (Let's say nagios is on office C).  And if that
ping works, then the link between A and B is ok.

I was sort of hoping for a check_checkpoint plugin that is capable of
talking to a checkpoint firewall directly...

Thanks..

Dan