Notifications_Nagios

Brian Snead BSnead at infosysnetworks.com
Tue Jul 8 22:26:53 CEST 2003

I posted a message earlier about this. It seems that after the first service failure, Nagios immediately starts checking the host every 10 seconds. So, suppose you have the host max_check_attempts set to 5, then 50 seconds after the service fails, an alarm goes out the Host is down. True, this suppresses the alarm that the service is down, but still you get tons of false alarms due to network hiccups. Does anyone have an idea how to change this behavior?

Brian