Nagios-users digest, Vol 1 #1553 - 2 msgs

Mon Jul 7 01:54:35 CEST 2003

Dear SIr,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

> From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <nagios-users at ols.inorganic.org>
> To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Nagios-users] Nagios on Win32
>
> A search of the mailing list archive (for the "win32" string) didn't seem
> to bring up any relevant results.  Hopefully this isn't a FAQ (though I
> checked it also).
>
> I really like Nagios, and have run it for a while now on UNIX systems.  I
> prefer its layout to Big Brother's, though this may be just an issue of
> what I'm used to.
>

> Unfortunately, I'm dealing now with two environments that are Windows-only,
> and while I could do the "hey, it only runs on UNIX so we need UNIX here"
> dance, A) I'm not likely to win; and B) I hate it when Windows people do it
> to me.
>
> So ... Has anyone managed to port Nagios to the win32 platform?

I think Nag would have to be, like Ntop, written for or at least with
Win32 in mind for this to be feasable.

However, there is a configure option for Cygwin. Is that an option for
you ?

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.