notification porblem.

משה רופא starbase_947 at KNESSET.GOV.IL
Sun Jul 6 17:42:01 CEST 2003

Greetings.

i have just recently established nagios on my redhat 9 linux box.
all went well and the configuration is fine.

I am trying to use a sendsms perl script that send sms to my nokia celloar
phone.
>From the command line, all is fine and the massege appear on my phone (very
fast i might add).
but from nagios nothing happenes. i know the configuration if fine and the
notifications are enabled.
i even have a test notification, i.e all notification are appened to a test
file, and they appear quite nicely. the test and the sms command come
together.
i tried to hide the perl script behind a bash script, but nothing happened.

there is a shortage of debugging tools for nagios. it appears that for some
reason, nagios can not esablish a shell processs and run the perl script.
or maybe  i am wrong.

any suggestions? i need to set this up on a tight scheduale.

thanks, in advance.

Moshe Roffe.