Couple of problems

jason at cannonfodder.org jason at cannonfodder.org
Wed Jul 2 22:18:54 CEST 2003

O.k.
Nagios is a great tool, but I am having some problems.
1)
Nagios v1.1
    configure options: --with-nagios-user=nagios
    --with-nagios-grp=nagios --with-mysql-xdata --with-mysql-status
    --with-mysql-comments --with-mysql-extinfo --with-mysql-retention
    --with-template-objects --with-mysql-downtime
    --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib --enable-embedded-perl
    --with-perlcache --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib
MySql 3.23.49
Server is:
    dual PIII 750MHZ
    512mb RAM

Nagios is chewing up ungodly amounts of memory.
No errors or anything, just every few days the server runs out of
RAM and the Nagios process is the culprit. This did not happen until I
upgraded to 1.1 and started using MySql.

2)
I hope I am reading this wrong, but most of my active checks are
scheduled to take place every minute. I am running a 223 second average
latency for checks. In our environment this is unacceptable. Is
distributed monitoring the only option for really getting this latency
under control?

--
Jason Burnett                                   Senior Engineer
http://www.neospire.net                         voice 214-720-1442