User Authentication

Onyi Ejiasa onyi at firstlink.com
Wed Jul 2 20:04:47 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to set up user authentication for users to access only their hosts and services. Nagios docs seem to indicate that HTTP Authentication should be enough to accomplish this as long as the authenticated username matches the short name of the contact for a particular host/service. I have this all set up per the documentation, however although the user can authenticate, he/she does not seem to have access to view the correct information.

I also notice that when a certain user logs in, the menu links do not change. This gives all the users links to the same place.

For Example...

http://server.nagios/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=all&style=hostdetail

I would think it should read....

http://server.nagios/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=myhostsgroups&style=hostdetail

where "myhostgroups" would correspond to the hosts/hostgroups that I am a contact for and thus allowed to view.

Has anyone been able to successfully get this set up?

Onyi C. Ejiasa - NWT, NCW, NCLA
First Link Technology, Inc.
4260 East Evans Avenue, Denver, CO 80222
PH 303.691.8200 | FAX 303.691.8208