attempt recovery on service CRITICAL with nrpe

Shayne Lebrun slebrun at muskoka.com
Fri Jan 31 21:32:30 CET 2003

Ok.  Just for fun, I faked it using check_by_ssh.

In the service defintion:
event_handler	reboot-remote-sillydaemon

Then in the checkcommand entry:
command_line	command_line $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
'/usr/local/nagios/eventhandlers/restart-sillydaemon $SERVICESTATE$
$STATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$'

And that runs a typical eventhandler script, which looks for, in this case,
and UNKNOWN SOFT 2 state, then tries to restart the daemon in question.

The only thing is getting it to return something so the check_by_ssh doesn't
go 'critical - timeout' in ten seconds.  But the daemon gets restarted, so
that's good enough.