attempt recovery on service CRITICAL with nrpe

Shayne Lebrun slebrun at muskoka.com
Fri Jan 31 19:33:49 CET 2003

If only NRPE could pass arguments, I could do something like:

event_handler    check_nrpe!restart-sillydaemon

Then in your command:
command
command_line      /path/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c
restart-sillydaemon -ArgChain $SERVICESTATUS$!$STATETYPE$!$SERVICEATTEMPT$

Then in the nrpe.cfg on the remote host:
command[restart-sillydaemon]=/path/restart-sillydaemon $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$

i.e. I just want the ArgChain, !-delimited, separated into ARGn variables,
which nrpe could then send along said arguments to the commands.

Ah well.  If wishes were horses, then beggers would ride.

Consider it a feature request. :-)

Muskoka.com
115 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario