check_log script errors

Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com
Fri Jan 31 16:34:10 CET 2003

I guess I'm not understanding how to use the script.  I type:

./check_log2.pl -l /tmp/down.log -p Warning

I get "Seek file not specified."  What does the -s <seek file> do?

I run this and it works:

./check_log2.pl -l /tmp/down.log -s /tmp/down.log.seek -p Warning

Is the .seek file just a place-holder the script uses?  I read the comments
about
using the .seek file to check size...is the seek file a copy of the logfile
that you
look at instead of the actual logfile?

Thanks. again for the help!  Script looks like it will work perfectly!