Caching SNMP Info

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Jan 29 23:45:53 CET 2003

snmp proxy was desgined to prevent the lodaing and unloading of MIB files
on every call by having a long running proxy daemon that would load MIB
files just once.

The plugin passes the parameters to the proxy which does the actual get.

if you use -m"" you can get similar speedups from check_snmp but have
to use oids and not names.

-sg