Caching SNMP Info

Steve Bonds r1p6os402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:51:56 CET 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10-at-sprintspectrum.com |Nagios| wrote:

> Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but on 12/20/2002 John P.
> Looney strongly endorsed the snmp proxy:
>
>   http://freshmeat.net/releases/107146/

This really looked promising until the complete lack of documentation
killed it.  There aren't even any useful comments in the source code to
describe what's going on.

It appears that the check_snmppd command was intended as a drop-in
replacement for check_snmp, but the proxy was not indended for general use
with random SNMP query scripts.

Still, an excellent tip, and if I get desperate enough to need it I can
go source-diving, document it myself, and maybe figure out how to
link it in with my NET-SNMP queries.  ;-)

  -- Steve